Henrico County Adult ELA classes will be available in-person and online during the 2022-2023 school year. Using the Burlington English Online Program, classes will feature basic English Language Instruction/Civics Education/Workplace Readiness Skills. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing continue to be included in every class.
Six levels of classes are offered:
- Low Beginning
- High Beginning
- Low Intermediate
- High Intermediate
During Registration process:
- Must provide a government-issued photo ID
- Be prepared to complete a registration form
- Be prepared for 2 ½ hours of a required evaluation
- Submit class fees
Nine Mile Road Location
Beginning September 12, 2022, walk-in
- Mondays/Wednesdays: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Tuesdays/Thursdays: 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Mt. Vernon Location
Will begin again in Spring 2023
- In-person classes: $70.00 plus cost of book (student to purchase on own from approved source.)
- Online classes: $96.00 (Burlington English) plus $10.00 processing fee (price subject to change); students will need computer and Internet access.
- Classes do not qualify for the Golden Age Waiver.
- Acceptable forms of payment include money order, credit card
- No refunds will be granted